A rice cooker was one of the best gifts I received at my Bridal shower. So twenty years later one would think, I can prepare rice with my eyes closed. I had thought the same, until we were entertaining and ended up with 6 cups of soggy rice.
Luckily rice porridge is a perfect saver for soggy rice. In fact it prefers it.
Steps to make Rice Porridge:
1. Add 1 cup of water to small saucepan over medium heat
2. Spoon a few tablespoons of rice (i’ve used refrigerated rice) into the saucepan and stir into the water. At first use the spoon to breakdown the rice in case of globs.
3. Switch to using a metal whisk. Continue to whisk the rice and water together until smooth porridge consistency. You may need to add more rice or water, depending on how thick or thin you want it.
4. Once done, remove from heat.
5. Add a some soy sauce, grated ginger and chives.
Chives are a great addition to any garden. You can eat the beautiful flower too.
[…] Soggy Rice Fiasco…Fix […]