Since I did make 6 cups of soggy rice, just making porridge got boring. Here is another fix….I mean recipe.
Steps to make these:
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, teaspoon of soy sauce and soggy rice together with a whisk. I used about 2 eggs for 1 cup of rice (rrefrigerated). You might need to adjust, you want the mixture to resemble pancakes batter. It will be lumpy, since you just want the rice integrated with the egg, but you do not need to reach smooth consistency
- Heat olive oil over medium heat
- Using a ladle, pour small portions of batter onto the heated pan. Depending on the size of your frying pan, you may be able to fit a few patties during a single batch
- Once you notice that the bottoms of each pattie turns golden brown and themiddle looks set, flip each pattie to fry the other side using a spatula.
- Press down on each pattie to flatten and to release any uncooked liquids. You might need to flip your pattie a few times, until no more liquid seeps through.
- Using the spatula remove cooked patties from your frying pan and move to the serving plate.
- You might need to repeat these steps, until all of batter is used up. Make sure to add oil in between or during each batch as needed.
Not a very healthy solution, but tasty.